Henk Haaima is Creative Director at Mirabeau, Digital Designer and Artist. Publisher of the Dynamic Design Magazine in which our biased approach to UX and UI is being questioned. In his work he focuses primarily on designing unified design languages and brand identities from a human-centric perspective for brands around the globe.
Nowadays global brands are facing issues with consistency due to internal interpretations (siloed organisations and local differences) and external interpretations (collaboration with different agencies and vendors) of their brand. In this workshop participants learn how to create a visually striking design language that holds up to interpretations and ensures consistency (from a brand perspective) and efficiency (from a business perspective).
Structure and Agenda
- Theory: What is a design system, why do we need it and what are best practices of unified design languages?
- Assignment: Case study and handbook (how to create a unified design language step by step)
- Step 1: Design audit. Learn how to identify where the experience in the current customer journey is breaking
- Step 2: Design direction. Define design principles in order to create a clear point of reference and to translate brand values in tangible design.
- Step 3: Create alignment. Learn how to design the ‘red threads’ throughout the ecosystem.
- Step 4: Repository. Learn how to set up a library of key templates and components and UX/UI guidelines.
- Step 5: Measuring. Define KPI’s (when is the design system successful and how do we measure this?) and set up a governance model.
- Theory: How to expand your design system? What is the future of design systems?
- Summary and wrap-up
1、Theory: What is a design system, why do we need it？
2、Theory: what are best practices of unified design languages?
3、Assignment: Case study and handbook
4、Theory: How to expand your design system?
5、Summary and wrap-up
4、Design leads and art directors
5、UX managers and product owners
1、Learn how to conduct an audit to identify the gaps in the current design eco-system
2、Learn how to translate brand values in tangible design and to define a clear design direction (design principles)
3、Learn how to create a common design language that holds up to interpretation by agencies and vendors